2011 Family Video

Thursday, February 19, 2009

A little of why I've been so absent...


It's official... I have my own website. It is amazing what you can learn in such a short time. A few months ago there was a baby shower at PJ's work. He asked if I would do a cake for the party. I decided it would be fun to practice some of my fondant skills and took it on. Well, one of his co-workers loved the cake so much she had me make one for a baby shower in her law department at Boeing.... from there she has ordered a few cakes and has referred a few friends... I've already had to turn down a few orders... I really enjoy making the cakes, but they take an incredible amount of time... so I have to balance taking on orders and making sure that it doesn't negatively impact my boys. Anyways... thanks to my loving husband, I have my own website-- I've gone through a couple names, and a couple websites, but this one is here to stay.

http://www.amorecake.com/
Enjoy :)

5 comments:

Myrnie said...

So cool! Congrats :)

emily said...

That's so awesome! i checked out the gallery and "SHOOT girl!" you're an artistic genius! too fun! Congratulations!

Anna R said...

That's so exciting Rachell!

I was just telling some people in my ward about your cakes...We've had a lot of engagements/wedding receptions lately.

Now I can really refer people!

: )

kenders said...

That's great! A website really helps to broaden your clients. :) I was so amazed at how cool the cakes look.

The Shepherd Family said...

ok, question: did you dye all the fondant yourself or did you go get premade fondant? Those are incredible. You are so talented! I've been wanting to make a fondant cake for Landon but didn't want to have to dye it all myself...let me know. Email me :) mrs.shepherd@gmail.com