2011 Family Video

Friday, October 24, 2008

Dylan is 4!

And yes, his birthday was September 29th, I know this is a little late :(. How is it possible that I have a four year old! I swear time speeds up when you have kids. I can barely wrap my head around the idea that the infant I brought home from the hospital four years ago is now; (sorry- this is really meant for my benefit for when I put together our scrapbook for the year) singing solos in preschool, writing his name, reading me stories (reciting stories), counting to 30, wrestling with his little brother, saying the most thoughtful prayers, telling me he loves me more than (everyday it is different-my favorite is "a house full of machines"- you'd have to know how much he LOVES inventing new machines, it is quite the compliment!) I could go on...

Dylan's birthday was on a Monday so we decided to do our annual Remlinger Farms trip the Saturday prior. Well, he shares his birthday day with one of his buddies... so they had the same idea and had their son's birthday party on Saturday as well. We decided to juggle both events and it worked out great. We started out at Chuckie Cheese for Max's birthday party (and lunch :)). He was bummed that we had to leave early in order to make it to Remlinger Farms, but really wanted to do both. We told him that we would save our tokens and come back to Chuckie Cheese on Monday (his real b-day) to play games and open his presents there. Luckily he loved the idea. Dylan looks forward to Remlinger Farms all year and this time Peyton loved it too. My favorite thing was riding the roller coaster with Dylan and he decided to lift his hands in the air and said, "look mom! no hands" he left his hands in the air for the duration of the ride. It was so fun! The boys both loved everything, but especially liked riding the ponies and the train. I will be sad when they decide they are too grown up for the farm... but hopefully it won't happen too soon.

On his actual birthday we started the day with breakfast in bed (a family tradition) and then got ready for preschool. He was delighted to spend his birthday at preschool so it worked out great. After preschool I tried to make Dylan feel special with some extra attention and waited for PJ to get home. We then went to Chuckie cheese as promised, and opened presents and used up his tokens. Then we went over to Red Robin for dinner and had them sing to Dylan. It was so sweet to see how special that made him feel. And you can't beat free dessert :)

No comments: