2011 Family Video

Friday, October 24, 2008

A little of what I've been up to...

Since taking the Wilton cake decorating classes I have had the opportunity to practice for a few occasions. Dylan's buddy Max turned three and wanted a police car cake--- so I decided to try carving a cake for the first time. It was touch and go for a little bit, but I think it turned out pretty good. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the police car is sitting on a "curvy road" sheet cake.



Dylan turned 4-- and yes this is way late and deserves a post of it's own, which will follow... but he wanted a firetruck cake. Unfortunately, it isn't the best I've done, but sleep deprivation was setting in...


The final was for a baby shower at PJ's work. I probably had the most fun with this cake, if only my royal icing crib frame had worked- it would have been completely edible :(... Oh well, a trip to Michaels, a few pieces of wood, some hot glue and PJ with his saw saved the day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic!

Derek said...

Those cakes remind me of Thanksgiving...hours of work for 4 minutes of wonderful eating! They do look incredible though.

Jonathan and Cheri said...

Amazing work - you definitely have a talent! I knew PJ before you two were married - congrats =) And darling boys too.